We are looking for individual email contacts of top 30 iPad app publishers in the Navigation category
(You need a ***US**** iTunes account AND a Gmail account.)
These companies should include the top 10 Free apps, the top 10 Paid apps, and the top 10 Grossing apps in this category. As some of these will probably overlap, you will seek additional contacts (to a combined total of 30 companies) down the top Paid apps (#11, #12, etc.).
For each company, we need a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 3 individual contacts (one should be enough for small companies if it seems to be the desired individual; 2 or 3 could be better if we’re not sure to have the right individual, or if the company is large). The desired individuals are:
- the top marketing person (Chief Marketing Officer, VP of Marketing, Marketing Director, Marketing manager);
- or, failing that, the top communications person (VP of Communications/PR, Communications/PR director or manager);
- or, failing a devoted marketing or communication person, the top officer of the company (CEO, President, COO, founder, etc.). This last option is not acceptable for large companies.
For each individual for whom contact info is collected, you should look for and enter into a Google spreadsheet doc:
Company and product info:
- name of the company (app publisher)
- name of the app (if several apps, at least the most prominent one, and possibly 1 or 2 others)
- category (according to the App store)
- if the app is free or paid
- company website URL
- first and last name
- individual email address
- or, failing an individual email address:
-- linkedin profile page, and
-- general contact form page URL
Our goal is to contact them, so we are giving a VERY STRONG preference to getting an individual email address vs. a linkedin profile or a general email contact.
Contractor should follow these steps:
1. Access the App store, in the Navigation category, and look at the ranking lists: Top Paid, Top Free, Top Grossing
2. Go down each list and, for each app, look at the app publisher’s name
3. Check if the company IS ALREADY in the database. If it is, just add *1* (if there is not 1 already) to the corresponding row in the C (OS iOS) column, the I (TA consumer) column and the M (Top) column. Do not perform any further search if the company is already in the list: we are looking to add to the list, not to duplicate it.
4. If the company IS NOT in the list, then search - through the app publisher’s corporate site and through other means (including LinkedIn) - for the name of the top desired person and his email address.
5. Create a line for the new organization in the Google doc, by using the *Insert 1 above* function through a right- click on the mouse, and write down the relevant information for the organization and the desired person, as well as adding 1 in relevant columns (see section 3 above),adding your ID (we will provide it) as a source,and adding the date in “Last updated” (AA) column.
6. If you have several persons for the same organization, duplicate the content on another line, just above or below, and fill the personal information fields with the data for the additional individual.
7. Repeat with the following app down the list. (When you are done with a list, switch to another one. Then, if needed, go back to #11 and following in the Top Paid list to make sure that you have added 30 additional companies to the database)
Contract is paid on an hourly basis. You should provide an estimate of the time required for this contract. Do ask for feedback on a continuous basis.
TabTimes will own 100% of collected data. You will have no right to copy, reuse, rent or resell any collected data, nor any part of the database you will be given access to.
Contract should be assigned by March 21. Contract should be completed by March 29.