I am building a database of articles on emergency notification systems that appear on the Internet. The articles are from newspapers, magazines, blog postings etc - all from the US. When complete, I expect to have at least 10,000 articles.
I am using a database system called Zotero, which can be downloaded for free. It's designed for bibliographies, although I want to use it for some things that are not in its original design.
The articles fit into some identified categories and some categories have not yet been identified. The identified categories are:
1) Announcements that an organization (usually a county or city) has selected a vendor for emergency notification
2) Report of the use of the emergency notification system (for example, to warn of a wild dog)
3) Announcements that an organization (usually a county or city) has renewed it contract
4) Announcements that an organization (usually a county or city) is planning to select a system for emergency notification
5) Encouragement to sign up for emergency notification
Some articles may belong in multiple categories.
I need someone to go through these and categorize the data as follows:
1) put each article in one or more categories
2) cull out some data from the articles, specifically:
- name of the vendor
- pricing information if provided
- name of all communities affected (if different from current coding)
- population of communities affected
- any other data that would be useful for marketing
We will do this project in two stages:
1) First pass (this is what you are bidding on now): Go through the existing articles (will be several hundred or more) and develop a strategy for doing this. Discuss with me and determine how to size the second pass.
2) Second pass: process all of the articles (if appropriate) based on the design determined in the First pass.
Please do not bid on this project unless:
1) Your english is excellent or better
2) You understand how to do real research
3) You can do much of the above on your own (relatively little guidance.)
12 freelancers are bidding on average $588 for this job
>>>>Get it done now<<<<< I will complete this with 100% [url removed, login to view] will be submitted under [url removed, login to view] have a team of 4 people working on [url removed, login to view] forward for your positive response. Thanks and Regards Karan
Ph.D. Sociologist with extesnive research experience. As part of the Medical Reserve Corps, took over 100 online and inperson courses on emergency response.
I have a lot of exprience in researching as well as data entry. I believe I would be a good fit for your project and be able to complete it within your deadline.