Transcription & Data Entry: Create Spreadsheet from Scanned Data Sheets
This project was successfully completed by sswijaya for $77 USD in 2 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
Completed In2 days
We need someone to take a scanned PDF file and transcribe the data into a spreadsheet.
The PDF contains 46 pages. Each page contains 3 column-groups of data, each column-group has approximately 87 rows (about 261 rows per page). The entire project consists of approximately 12,000 rows.
Each row contains 9 short Fields:
Serial Number (7 digits)
Size (1-3 digits)
Jewel Count (1-2 digits)
Configuration 1 (H or O)
Configuration 2 (G or N)
Model Number (1 Digit)
Configuration 3 (K, L, or P)
Configuration 4 (A, U, or 1 Digit and Letter - Example: 5P)
Grade/Label (field usually consisting of 7-30 characters, but several repeat frequently)
1. Some field will be left blank. No data is to be entered if there is a blank for that field on the PDF.
2. Please retain the brackets when they exist for the Grade/Label.
3. No comma is necessary for the serial number field even though it is displayed on the PDF.
4. You do not need to designate or separate the different pages or column groups. One long, clean list of the data will suffice.
5. We will require 100% accuracy. The project will not be complete until we find 0 errors in the deliverable.
We have attached two files for evaluation:
1. The source PDF. [Also available at [url removed, login to view]]
2. The "starter" Excel spreadsheet that offers an example of what we are looking to see in the final deliverable file (you can use the file to jump start the project - about 70 rows are already complete).
Please let us know if you have any questions.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online