Migrate windows server 2000 to 2008 R2
This project was awarded to osypets for $350 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
I have a old Windows 2000 Server, that I need everything migrated to a Windows 2008 R2 server. The new server basically needs to be a identical to the old server with just new hardware. There are seven workstations that will connect to the database server, which will use active directory for logins and have access to network storage and shared folders. The networks is behind a Cisco RV325, which is connected to ISP modem. The database servers are setup to for RFMS database, which is a business management software. The workstations communicate with the database server for storing and accessing the info.
This is a simple project really, you will just need basic Windows admin knowledge and some understanding of networking.
1. Understand the original database which is running windows 2000 server along with SQL server 2005.
2. Understand the network and how everything is connected.
3. The new server has already been installed with Windows 2008 R2 and configured to work on the network.
4. Make necessary changes on the new server to replace the old server.
At the end of the project the new server will need to replace the old server on the network and function in it's place. Let me know if you have any questions or if you need additional information.
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online