Make my Delphi App work with Vista
This project was awarded to alex07 for $400 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$300 - $1500 USD
This application has been working great with all Windows O/S for last 5 years, I need a few fixes on it so it works properly with Windows Vista.
Current sources and installer sources will be provided to you.
The app was developed using Delphi 5 and 7, so you’ll probably need Delphi 7, as well as Windows Vista for testing. I have most of the components, but you’ll need to find some of the free components that are freely available online.
The app allows users to record an MP3 file, then it creates a SWF file and html code to stream the audio from a users website. There is a built-in ftp client to upload files to users site.
Current known problems with Vista:
- Creates a tmp file folder (Vista does not like)
- The installer will probably also need to be modified to Vista specifications.
- The FTP component will need to be tested to ensure Compatibility with Vista
- When closing the app, Vista displays the “Program Compatibility Assistant”, and displays “This program requires [url removed, login to view]”, which is no longer included in Vista.
- On playback in browser, it plays audio at 3x speed
(this is probably due to a mismatch in the mp3 sample rate, so you'd need to change the Mhz rate of the MP3 file being generated to be compatible with flash playback ) Flash goes all chipmunks on a LAME encode at 40kbps mono, but works at 32 kbps.
- There is an illegal “crack” online and you need to change the exe file so the “Crack” does not work anymore.
While I believe this is most of the problems, There may be some other minor fixes needed that I have not covered here. Please bid accordingly to accommodate some unseen problems I cannot reproduce until the above fixes are implemented.
- You will provide new executable with installer ready for distribution. (Current sources and installer sources will be provided to you)
- You will provide new sources with all components and tree description
- You will remove all sources from your possession within 3 days of project completion, and will not distribute or use any proprietary sources that have been provided to you.
This project should be completed within 12 days of winning bid. Payment is immediate upon successful testing with vista.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online