Django Questions and help
This project was successfully completed by grgizem for $16 USD / hour in 30 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Project Budget$5 - $35 USD / hour
Completed In30 days
My initial idea here, is to find someone with reasonable good skills in Django and mysql/sqlite that can helpme using Skype and teamviewer to answer my questions and help me to improve my skills in Django. Just like an online private teacher/consultant.
I'm an experienced Linux sysadmin, able to develop some clever bash scripts, but with little experience in to programming with any other language besides shell scripting.
I've decided to start learning Python and them Django few months ago, after a lot of reading, testing and exercises, I started to write own project wich the main objective is to get me more experienced in django, and if the project goes well, maybe put it online in production.
I can answer most of my own questions with documentation and help from google, but some questions are harder to find a solution or maybe require someone more skilled to show me the right way of doing things.
My initial questions and hours would be spent on topics like:
- forms x template: the default forms are a pain to get compatible with bootstrap for example. Maybe point me to a more clever way of doing forms like crispyforms
- multiple websites: my project is like an intranet that should be completely independent for each customer, but each customer should have multiple users sharing information, I would need help to find a good solution for this now during my first steps so I don't have to rewrite in the future
- multi-language support
- object relations and manipulation
- improving my views.
- Integrating background python scripts with django (like cron jobs that manipulate the database or something like that)
- - After solving the initial problems that I have, I will keep working on my project, and if everything goes smooth of course that I will get more hours as I find problems that I can't solve by myself (or taking too much time).
My requirements for the most suitable person are:
- Skilled in Django (looking for someone able to answer most of my questions that doesn't need to go frequently to google).
- Fluent and clear speaking of English and/or Portuguese
- Able to schedule those talks on weekdays between 18:30 - 23:00 (GMT +2)
- Able to teach and/help other person coding!
What I will (or will not) do:
- I understand that it's a professional relationship, so I will not be bothering you with code snippets over skype/mail for "some quick help" unless we have an agreement on that
- I will not send you a message asking "can we do it now?". normally I will send you an e-mail at least a day before asking for help (probably also introducing the topics that I would need help) and start the payment process.
- the code stays on my computer, we will probably be using a lot of teamviewer or skype screen sharing
btw: sorry for reposting this, but I made a mistake during the first post and the budget wasn't properly set. Since I couldn't find a better way to fix the budget, I decided to close and repost.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online