Looking for the right candidate to help us on our web content side. This job may be light editing/posting or potentially writing as well.
Currently, we maintain a news website in a niche category that is updated 7 days a week, multiple times a day. We are the market leader.
Two editors maintain and run the website, but we are looking for additional help.
The right candidate would be responsible for (potentially) the following things:
• Posting things we send to you, with photos, provided to Joomla platform and following our style guide for posting. (this item is relatively minor)
• Editing press releases into web updates (taking out adjectives, meaningless paragraphs, urls, etc).
• Formulating own stories (potentially) from leads we find on the internet.
• Generally available during the day (US time) and occasionally on weekends for breaking news.
• Internet savvy – able to resize photos, add line breaks, fix formatting. Light HTML knowledge is preferred.
• Writing skills – must have very good writing skills/reading comprehension/able to proof read yourself.
• Research ability – using Google and the internet to track down more information, etc.
25 freelancers are bidding on average $11/hour for this job
Being an experience writer and well researcher.I am 100% confident i can do this project [url removed, login to view] consider my bid for high quality [url removed, login to view]!
I am a professional copy editor and I have experience running websites as I have been hired as editors team leader in 3 jobs before and I can do all the requirements.