I have three e-books that I have been selling now for quite some time but I have just realised that they all have problems. Although they are rich in content, they are visually not easy to read, since they were originally formatted to be printed on hard copy. Here's the problem. Each page is a block of text with not enough paragraphs, the size of the fonts are really small and the margins on either side are not wide enough. Now here are my requirements. I have already made a start in re-formatting these e-books to make them more eye-friendly, but due to time constraints I have no choice but to outsource this task. I need someone to continue where I left off.
For each of the three e-books here is what I need:-
- Margins increased on either side of the document.
- The size of the font adjusted so that the e-book is easier to read.
- Page numbering to be specific to my instructions, i.e. the size of the font, spacing between the body text and bottom of the page.
- I need more paragraphs, approximately 3 per page, but it can vary from page to page. And I need a 4 point gap spacing between the paragraphs.
- There maybe other things that I haven't thought of right now, but if anything additional is needed it will only be minor.
I will send the freelancer all my three e-books in their original word format and all they need to do is edit them with the above instructions and send them back to me. I will choose the size of the fonts, margin sizes, etc. So all the freelancer has to do is re-format them with my exact specifications. I will be more clearer on what is needed on each of the three ebooks once I have chosen someone for the task. Once I have them back I can convert them to pdf, epub and mobi myself.
The E-books fall under the category of self-help/alternative thinking/natural health and conspiracy. One is 218 pages, the other is 111, and the last one is 134. Bear in mind that this is taking into account that this in their current unformatted state.
Any questions, please ask away!
'Also I need to work with someone who has very prompt communication skills, as I can't emphasis how frustrating it is to email someone, and they don't get back to you until a week later!'