Design and build custom Telephone Answering/Messaging Device
This project received 10 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $828 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
We are looking for an electrical engineer to help design a very basic electronic telephone messaging device. The device will plug into a standard phoneline between a phone jack and a standard or cordless phone. This device will allow a user to answer the phone call from a customer and then press a button on the device and the device will open the phone line and play a pre-recorded message like "please visit our website in the future at www.oursite.com" and then the device will hang up the phone call.
The following are the primary focuses of the device:
1. The final product must be extremely inexpensive to produce in low or high quanties
2. It will contain a standard female phone line jack (for input)
3. It will contain a standard female phone line jack (for output)
4. It will contain a battery pack to power the device (9v or AA or C batteries - smallest is best -depending on engineering requirements)
5. It will contain a button the user will press that will serve two functions (a) hold down the button to record a message through the handset of a connected phone (b) press for 1/2 second to trigger the device to take over the phone line and play the pre-recorded message outbound and then automatically hang up the phone line.
6. It will contain a single color LED that will have 3 modes - (a) blink every 20 seconds to indicate the device is still powered and functioning ok (b) steady illumination to indicate the device is playing the pre-recorded message (c) fast blink of 2x/sec to indicate device is recording a new outbound message.
7. It will contain the necessary computer chip(s) to record the message (30 second maximum) and to open the phoneline and to close the phoneline (hang up) after the message has played.
This project will have 3 phases.
Phase 1 - DESIGN
The successful freelancer will design the device according to the above specifications and will provide us with a design and materials list as well as materials pricing and expected manufacturing/assembly cost.
Phase 2 - BUILD A WORKING PROTOTYPE
After the design is completed and signed off by us, you will build a working prototype and ship it to us for testing
Phase 3 - MANUFACTURING
If you have established relationships with a manufacturing company that may be interested in bidding on the manufacturing contract to build these units, we would like to review that option in addition to our existing manufacturing options
You agree that 100% of the intellectual property related to the design and manufacturing of this device is owned by my company and you will be working as a contract engineer to assist in the manufacturing process of this device. You will have zero ownership or rights to the final device and may not sell the design or produce these units for any other company or entity. The provisional patent is expected to be in patent pending status prior to your completion of this project.
In your response, PLEASE provide a detailed outline of how you can help me in Phase 1, 2 or 3. If you can only assist in a single phase, that is OK - we have several options available to us and I am interested in understanding what you can do to help us complete this project.
You will be required to indicate the timeline to completion for this project in your bid.
Please provide SEPARATE timelines for each phase of the project you interested in bidding on.
NOTICE - IF YOU FAIL TO COMMUNICATE CLEARLY OR FAIL TO MEET DEADLINES YOU ESTABLISH IN YOUR BID, YOU AGREE THAT I MAY CHOOSE TO CANCEL THIS PROJECT AND YOU WILL RECEIVE ZERO COMPENSATION FOR YOUR EFFORTS.
WE ARE ON A FAST TIMELINE AND YOU NEED TO BE CERTAIN YOU CAN DELIVER ACCORDING TO THE SCHEDULES YOU PROVIDE WHEN YOU ARE ATTEMPTING TO WIN THIS JOB. IF YOU EXPECT THAT YOU CAN DELIVER THIS PRODUCT WITHIN 10 DAYS YOU NEED TO BE SURE THAT YOU CAN DO THAT - A MAJOR COMPONENT OF OUR DECISION ON WHO GETS THE BID WILL BE BASED ON THE TIMELINE.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online