1. Machines are used at a work site, machines uses industrial batteries (48V) as power source.
2. 1 machine as a set has 3 batteries and 2 chargers.
3. Machine is used constantly 24hrs a day, 1 battery can last up to 8 hrs of usage. It takes about 5 hours to charge one battery.
4. There are several machines at site (coded M1, M2, M3…)
5. There’s one charging station where all chargers (coded C1, C2, C3…) are located.
6. Every time a battery is empty, it needs to be replaced with a spare battery. The empty battery then needs to be charged, it must be fully charged and rested before it can be used again otherwise it will damage the battery.
7. The 3 batteries attached to the machine must be used in cyclic order to maximize the life span of battery. Battery A -> Battery B -> Battery C -> Batter A…
1. Machine users sometimes don’t follow the instructions, don’t use batteries in cyclic order.
2. Batteries are sometimes not fully charged and used again.
3. Batteries are sometimes not fully rested and used again.
Solution – design data recorder and id sensors
1. Machine, battery and charger have plugs.
a. Machine and charger have the same type of male plug.
b. Battery has female plug.
2. Install sensor on the machine plug, battery plug and charger plug.
3. When machine and battery plugs connect or disconnect, data recorder installed on the machine records both plug’s sensor id and connect/disconnect time. If sequence of battery is not connect product warning sound.
4. When charger and battery plugs connect or disconnect, data recorder installed on charger records both plug’s sensor id and connect/disconnect time
5. At end of every month, service maintenance personnel will come in to read out the data recorded in the recorder to check if the batteries were used properly.
11 freelancers are bidding on average $626 for this job
Hi, I am an electrical engineer and I have 2-years work experience related to project sites where I worked as Electrical maintenance engineer. This is an interesting project. Looking forward to hear from you. Regards.