Utility Distribution Systems Design Project
This project received 4 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $383 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$10 - $30 USD
This design project is an extension of your midterm exam. Since I was unable to prepare
comments on each exam in a timely manner, all students will proceed as follows:
a single two-transformer substation will be used to supply the transportation hub
the substation will be fed initially from one of the 138 kV lines
when the transportation hub load reaches 35 MW, the second 138 kV line will be tied
into the substation
the 230 kV line will not be used to serve the transportation hub
1. Start your project by developing a year-by-year load forecast for the first 10 years of the
transportation hub. Start the load at 10 MW in year 1, growing to 50 MW in year 10. Assume a
load factor for each year. Assume an uncorrected power factor of 85% lagging.
2. Develop a plan for power factor correction. Show the plan projections year by year.
3. Draw a map showing the layout of your primary feeders. Assume a feeder loading of 10 MW
to be “fully loaded.” Decide how many feeders need to be built initially, and develop a plan
showing when new feeders will be needed. Also show ties (normally-open connections) between
the feeders. Specify the devices used to tie the feeders together.
4. Show the design of a typical secondary circuit. Specify the load per secondary circuit.
5. Assuming a demand cost of $10/kW and an energy cost of $[url removed, login to view], select a service
transformer to use based on the evaluation method you used on your midterm exam.
In addition to the requirements above, also
1. Develop a contingency switching plan for the loss of a feeder breaker.
2. Develop a contingency plan for loss of a substation transformer.
3. Identify feeder automation devices on your primary circuit map.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online