This is an easy project for someone who 'knows how'. My firm is trying to create some templates for use in creating contracts, etc. Each contract is basically the same, except the names, dates, numbers, etc, change from client to client. I would like to be able to enter the info that is particular to each client (about 20-30 items per template) at the top, and have it automatically populate the document below with the new information. I attempted to do this by embedding an Excel table into a Word document and then linking to it. I also tried linking parts of the Word document(s) to a table within Word. It works, but very, very poorly and with many bugs. It is possible that this can be done using FIELDs, but I am not sure. For instance, I have done something similar using Mail Merge. I'd like the solution to use the tools available in Office only; don't want outside code written, VBA macros would be ok if they are well documented and use VBA at the simplest level you could stoop to. There are about 4-5 templates that I need created, and each one has about 20-30 unique fields which get used perhaps 100 times throughout the document.
Please read the list below of problems I encountered. I would need to have ALL of these problems eliminated, or if not eliminated.
1) When updating the links I created, the font would change.
2) The files were not portable -- they could not be renamed without destroying the links, nor could the files be moved to another directory without destroying the links. Ultimately I would like to take the templates created and copy them to the hard drives of other colleagues in the firm. We do not use a server, so I would need to be able to copy files, and with minimal effort, be able to make them usable to the team member.
3) Very unstable -- it would crash Word or Office.
The templates in which you create the fields must have the following characteristics:
1) Not have any the problems I encountered: font changes upon update, non-portability, instability
2) Editable - I will need to edit these files from time to time. So the text should certainly be editable. I would also like to be able to add fields on my own once you are done. This includes adding a reference that is already there: e.g. the client name is a field, we use it 10 times in a document; I'd like to be able to use it an 11th time without having to come back to you. Also, I'd like to be able to add an entirely new field on my own, also without having to come back to you. Thus, it'd be nice if I had simple instructions on how to do so.
3) The information that gets edited should be in one place: a table (Word or Excel) at the top of the file, or an outside file (less preferable).
4) There must be reasonable documentation on how to use the templates
5) I would prefer that you be available once the project is finished for small changes, if necessary. We would compensate you, but it'd only be for a minimal increment of time.
This project was awarded to
- 9-year experience with VBA programming - Strong development experience in MS Excel - Strong development experience in MS Access - Experience with databases (MS SQL, MS Access) - Base knowledge of C# - Base development experience in SharePoint (C#, Visual Studio, SP Designer) - Base development experience of InfoPath forms for SharePoint including XML, C# - Experience with SharePoint branding and administration - Experience in writing software documentation (user guides, requirements specification, application specification, validation documentation) - Understanding of technology
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the time frame
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Bids on this Project
Shell Cove, Australia
- 9-year experience with VBA programming - Strong development experience in MS Excel - Strong development experience in MS Access - Experience with databases (MS SQL, MS Access) - Base knowledge of C# - Base development experience in SharePoint (C#, Visual Studio, SP Designer) - Base development experience of InfoPath forms for SharePoint including XML, C# - Experience with SharePoint branding and administration - Experience in writing software documentation (user guides, requirements specification, application specification, validation documentation) - Understanding of ASP.NET technology
Mesa, United States
I have spent the last past 19 years working in the Information Services sector. My mission has been to educate myself in all aspects of computer programming. I have been working exclusively with SQL Server 2000-2008, PL/SQL, VB, VBA, Excel, Access, and HTML over the past 12 years. I am currently attending school to complete my web development degree. I am an enthusiastic employee that strives for perfection and enjoy challenging atmospheres.
*More than 15 years of programming experience. *7 years working with Visual Basic languange. *5 years working with VBA for applications and building automated bots. *Solid knowledge on SQL, XML, TCP/IP. *Skilled in Math, Statistics and Data Mining. *Special interest on Artificial Intelligence projects. *Frequecy of University (Degree in Chemical Eng.) *4 years experience teaching Math and Chemistry. *3 years working on Data Mining projects. *World Customs Organization e-learning Course. *6 years experience on International Trading for a Multination al Corporation. *Adviso r for several projects in the area of software management / developpement. *Perfectionist, Professional, Pro-active..
Davenport, United States
I am an Adobe LiveCycle Forms Designer with over 4 1/2 years of hands on experience creating interactive forms.
Always try to make something different, unique and alternative. Always make sure about quality and time line.