I currently have a pretty simple Access 2007 database for asset tracking. I need several updates made to improve its function.
The database application currently has the ability to:
- Keep a track of current inventory
- Print the current inventory (or portions of the current inventory) along with a sign-off block and a unique random hexadecimal number at the bottom.
I need the following features added:
- Allow only limited editing of the inventory. Currently the end user can made direct edits in the database table, but this should be hidden from the end user, and changes should be limited. For instance, an item should never be allowed to be deleted from the inventory. Instead, a new field should be added to the database with the status of the item (Active, Destroyed, or Transferred).
- Keep an audit trail of past inventories. I want to be able to select any date in the past and view the inventory contents and status at that time.
- On the "Assets Form", which enables the end-user to print a copy of the inventory, I need a "Select all/Deselect all" button for the "print" column.
- A method of selecting which item statuses to display on the printed list. By default, only "Active" items should be printed, but the end-user should be able to select "Destroyed" or "Transferred" items as well, if needed.
- A method of exporting a copy of the entire current or previous inventory (all fields) to an excel workbook.
I'm attaching a dummy copy of the inventory database for your use in determining the difficulty of this project.
Please feel free to ask any questions you might have.