This project received 11 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of 4482 ZAR.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project BudgetR1750 - R5250 ZAR
Hi to all
This projects involves understanding of electronics, pcb architecture, possibly microcontroller architecture.
This is what needs to be made :
1. A device that has a cheap display screen showing a chess board, that allows chess pieces to be moved around with a mouse ( since a touch screen will be too expensive )
2. The graphics can be black or white, or any 2 colors, and doesn't have to be color, since that will again make it more expensive and more complex.
3. The screen should be at least 10cm x 10cm, although this will change in the near future, because again it depends on the complexity and the price.
4. The user must be able to make a move, then give the device to the opponent, so that the opponent can make his/her move. Standard chess rules apply.
5. The moves must be recorded in memory, so that the user can play over the game afterwards.
6. You must also be able to select the time controls on a main menu.
I know that this kind of device has been made, but it's still too expensive.
So initially I am happy to discuss design ideas first, and then possible renumeration.
The whole point of this design is so that it can be used in a tournament setting where the devices can send moves to a central pc or laptop, that will run the tournament software. Current chess palmtop devices are simply too expensive, this is why the cheapest possible design is sought after.
To get an idea of how it could look like ( although it doesn't have to be the same size ), check this link : [url removed, login to view]
There is a lot of potential for profit here, as a successfull design can be sold on the mass market, so there is the possibility of royalties.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online