IR to RS232 to USB HID Keyboard Firmware
This project was successfully completed by EEmbedded for $355 USD in 4 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
Completed In4 days
Looking for a developer to write code for a RS232 to USB HID Keyboard. The Device will be designed around a low pin count Microchip Microprocessor. The input to this device will be infrared by way of a Infrared to serial receiver decoder micro. The IR to RS232 part is already completed. The output is 2 to 4 bytes (examples $010A). There must be a lookup table that can be changed to match incoming serial codes to different HID keyboard keys and key combinations. The combinations codes must also have a variable repeat rate. Must be easy for us to modify and recompile so we can change the lookup table on demand. We use Microchip MPlab now for similar things now.
The serial input to this conversion chip is IR by way of a PIC12F629 which is now connected to a FTDI chip for similar IR to USB functions.
Develop all the firmware for a converter from RS232 to USB HID keyboard. The device would be able to receive RS232 data and connect to a PC through the USB port and input the data received as a HID keyboard.
- The circuit must be selfpowered by the USB port
- It has to be recognised from the PC as HID keyboard or any other device included in the basics operating systems
- The microcontroller must be Microchip
- A PC utility communicating through the USB port must be provided to set communications parameters over the RS232 port.
Items to be provided:
- compile-able code for editing is Microchip's MPLAB
Serial input to -Microchip Micro- of lowest price to -USB HID keyboard-.
- Compiler must be either Microchip
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online