Scientific Testing Research - Material Testing
This project received 4 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of £181 GBP.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget£20 - £250 GBP
I am looking for a university student (undergrad or postgrad) at university in the UK (please do not bid if not from the UK) whom can perform some simple testing in a university lab for me. I am developing some material to block the RF radiation emitted by mobile phones. I am not interested in blocking magnetic radiation. You will need the following equipment:
- An iPhone or Android device which has a data contract and checks for e-mails, WhatsApp messages etc. and connects with "the cloud" on a regular basis.
- A device to measure the RF radiation emitted by the phone.
- A method of positioning the phone and the layers of material without distorting the RF fields - the RF detector should be positioned 10cm away from the phone screen.
- A number of layers of the material (which I will send you).
There are two different materials you will need to test. You must do the following for each material:
1) Set up all the apparatus above.
2) Measure the control level of radiation, averaged over a 5 minute period. (Performed 3 times)
3) Measure the level of radiation, averaged over a 5 minute period, with one layer of the material in front of the mobile phone (between the phone and the radiation detector). (Performed 3 times)
4) Continue to perform the above test adding another layer of material and recording the radiation for each increment of layers of material until 95% of the control levels of radiation is blocked.
I will send you a spreadsheet for all of the data I would like collected. However, in principal, I would like to know the number of layers required (for each of the two materials) to block the following percentages of the control radiation: 50%, 60%, 70%, 80%, 90% and 95%.
Finally, once you have performed the above tests and gathered the data required, you will need to perform one more experiment in order to determine the optimal combination of the number of layers of each material to achieve x% of the control radiation blocked. x% will be decided after you have sent the results of the main tests.
Please do ask any questions you have. Please include in your bid (as a private message) your degree and your university. Thank you.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online