File upload system with connection to Dropbox
This project was successfully completed by chownsb for $400 USD in 2 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
Completed In2 days
Demo Submission page which can be integrated into existing sites.
Submission form required fields:
- Artist name
- Email address
- Track title ( for each file submitted)
- Disclaimer ( text and check box to agree to terms)
Submission form optional fields:
- facebook profile link
- soundcloud profile link
- website link
Submission page requirement :
- allow multiple files uploaded or queued from single submission, validate that required fields are filled.
- check email address, if not stored then send a confirmation email to address which required a simple return click to use form.
- create unique md5 has to store info in DB to avoid multiple upload of same file
- Filter files by file type ( only .aiff / .mp3)
- Filter files by size (< 250 Mb)
- rename file to filename plus the email address
- connect to dropbox account and then upload file into dropbox
Work flow :
- user fills out form and select files from local computer and submits
- if email address is new or unauthorized send auth email to use which requires a unique email link before files are uploaded.
- files are checked before upload to avoid duplicate, incorrect formats then uploaded, the information stored in a db table.
- files are then confirmed uploaded, renamed and then moved to dropbox account and deleted off server.
- confirmation email is sent to submitter of the time and tracks uploaded to system.
This project requires knowledge in building an upload system in a unix environment (LAMP) and SQL (MySQL) or database language. Open to languages used for the project but they must be open source (no .net/flash etc). You will have to also know about how to deal with the Dropbox API for submitting files into a folder in dropbox. Design of the form should be pretty simple. There is not much in the requirement as long as it can be easily modified afterwards.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online