Demo Submission page which can be integrated into existing sites.
Submission form required fields:
- Artist name
- Email address
- Track title ( for each file submitted)
- Disclaimer ( text and check box to agree to terms)
Submission form optional fields:
- facebook profile link
- soundcloud profile link
- website link
Submission page requirement :
- allow multiple files uploaded or queued from single submission, validate that required fields are filled.
- check email address, if not stored then send a confirmation email to address which required a simple return click to use form.
- create unique md5 has to store info in DB to avoid multiple upload of same file
- Filter files by file type ( only .aiff / .mp3)
- Filter files by size (< 250 Mb)
- rename file to filename plus the email address
- connect to dropbox account and then upload file into dropbox
Work flow :
- user fills out form and select files from local computer and submits
- if email address is new or unauthorized send auth email to use which requires a unique email link before files are uploaded.
- files are checked before upload to avoid duplicate, incorrect formats then uploaded, the information stored in a db table.
- files are then confirmed uploaded, renamed and then moved to dropbox account and deleted off server.
- confirmation email is sent to submitter of the time and tracks uploaded to system.
This project requires knowledge in building an upload system in a unix environment (LAMP) and SQL (MySQL) or database language. Open to languages used for the project but they must be open source (no .net/flash etc). You will have to also know about how to deal with the Dropbox API for submitting files into a folder in dropbox. Design of the form should be pretty simple. There is not much in the requirement as long as it can be easily modified afterwards.