GPS Device - Electronic Schematic + PCB Design + Firmware Development
This project received 14 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $ USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $5000 USD
I need a very small, battery powered, GPS device, that in it's main operational mode, will check a list of coordinates pairs (big ~20 MB "[url removed, login to view]" file located into an micro sd memory card containing lots of Latitudes/Longitudes), and if any of the coordinates is close to the current GPS position it starts beeping (onboard speaker) and blinking some LEDs. It must check thru all the list with the faster possible ratio (maximum of 1 sec between checks). As it becomes closer to one coordinate from the list, more LEDs will turn on, and the speaker will beep faster (PWM can be used for this).
It will have a USB port with 2 different operation methods that will be chosen with the press of a button and indicated on the LEDs:
1) GPS output - In this mode when connected to the USB port of a computer, it will act as a virtual serial port, outputting GPS NMEA data so the user can use it as a GPS logger on Google Earth for example.
2) Flash drive - In this mode a "Thumb drive unit" will be created on the computer, so it's possible to read and write the sd card thru it, and the user can update the "[url removed, login to view]" file.
I'm also interested in product design (external case drawing), but it's not essential requirement, i can take care of this later.
- Microcontroller/microprocessor (best cost effective that suits the project : PIC18F family for example)
- Micro SD Memory card slot
- USB Connector
- 10 x LEDs
- 1 x speaker/buzzer
- GPS module
- Battery of ~900 mAh that guarantees a minimum of 8 hours continuous operation in main mode (comparison between .txt coordinates and current GPS position)
Minimum requirements, final product must have:
- Smallest size possible
- Cheapest unit production/parts price possible
- Replaceable components (in case of out of stock of default parts)
Designing and programming:
- Circuit and PCB design must be made with Altium Designer
- Well structured firmware code written in C (well commented)
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online