To MAKE PLC diagram and two page report
This project received 1 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $39 NZD / hour.Get free quotes for a project like this
Topic /Title(1)Development of a Simulated Manufacturing Environment (2)Industrial Controls Systems Ontology.
Paper length No Word Limit
Number of References10
Scenario: The simulated scenario consists of 2 conveyors and an overhead gantry. The system consists of:
• 3 Photocells.
• 1 Inductive Switch.
• 1 Conveyor Belt.
• 1 Conveyor Roller.
• 2 Mechanical Stops.
• 2 Push Buttons.
• 1 Loader Gantry (4 Inputs and 6 Outputs).
• 1 Beacon Light.
A Total of 10 Digital Inputs and 12 Digital Outputs.
The objective is to switch on the conveyors, load a wooden box, load a wooden pallet, and, using input and output detection sensors to detect the presence of the box at various points in the process, move the box from one conveyor to the other via the gantry.
Task: You will need to develop a conceptual layout in order to ensure each step of the process is considered prior to coding. From your concept, the ICS simulation must be programmed in the following way:
• Manage the Gantry to pick the box from the conveyor belt and place it on the wooden pallet located on the conveyor roller.
• When the conveyor belt is on, a box should automatically be provided; use the inductive switch to stop the belt in order to pick up the box with the gantry.
• Manage the conveyor stops to place the wooden pallets in the download position.
• The gantry is managed with 6 digital outputs to move left, right, up, down and to close and rotate grips.
• The gantry will have 4 active inputs in order to inform the operator (through the HMI) about its current position.
• Once the box is picked up in longitudinal sense, it must be placed on the wooden pallet in the transversal sense.
• The gantry grips must be rotated during the movement, or before, to download it.
• Use the push button located in the big electric cabinet to start the machine.
• Use the push button located in the pallet exit to release a new pallet.
A prototype of such a conveyor setup is available in the engineering lab of D-floor. You are strongly recommended to view this practical setup to gain a visual experience of what the environment looks like and identify the positioning of sensors and actuators.
As there are limited resources for the number of students, the EasyPLC Simulation Software may be used to develop your Ladder Logic programming.
As this task requires the production of programming code, you are to submit this via an appropriate media; i.e. CD. The code must be submitted to the University on the same day as your written assignment and MUST be securely attached to your paper submission; i.e. contained within a plastic pocket and clearly marked with your name, student number and course number.
Task 2. Industrial Controls Systems Ontology (35%)
You are to produce an extensive Ontology diagram depicting the appropriate entities that form the subject matter of Industrial Controls Systems (ICS).
Each entity is to be annotated with a brief note describing what that entity is.
You are to use the Ontology method presented in the lectures and, Ontologies developed using MindManager are acceptable. If MindManager is used to produce your ontology, you are to include the .mmap file of your ontology on the same CD as your Ladder Logic program in Task 1.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online