0-24 VDC power supply board design
This project was awarded to JJdatajobs for $55 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
This project consists of providing a board design and component list for a circuit board which will provide variable DC power to a device. Part numbers of components must be specified for:
1. A connector which mounts to the board which mates to the 24 volt 1 amp power supply specified by Digikey part number T1073-P5P-ND. Please specify a part which is in stock at one of the major electronics retailers such as digikey, mouser, allied or newark
2. A potentiometer with a thumb wheel in the range of 10-15 mm in diameter which is large enough and mechanically robust enough to act as the main control for the power. Again, select a part which is in stock at a major retailer and give part number. The selection of value is up to the designer. The thumb wheel should be in the plane of the board, so that the axis of rotation is perpendicular to the board. The location of the pot should be on the edge of the board so that it can stick out the side of the final artifact and act as a user power control.
3. Whatever other components, presumably a regulator and capacitors, which are required to regulate voltage from 0 V up to the maximum of 24 V available from the supply, with up to the full 1 A of current.
4. If the potentiometer can have a position at one end of rotation where it "clicks" into an off state that is ideal, but if that is not possible, also specify a switch which can stick off the edge of the board for on/off switching. I envision this as a latching rocker switch which is off the opposite side of the board as the pot.
Completion of the project will include generally readable board files which are suitable for submission to a board fabrication house as well as part numbers for the above components. Suggestions for improvement are welcome if you see a way to improve some aspect of this project. File format for circuit board should ideally be compatible with Eagle circuit board design software.
Circuit board should ideally be 24 mm by 24 to 40 mm, the smaller the better, but this is flexible. Corners should have clearance holes for #4 screws far enough in from the corners to be mechanically robust. Output should be a pair of plated holes which can be soldered to.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online