Take at least 16 values or more and sort them in an ascending or descending order. To be able to sort you need to write these "so called" random values in the memory (RAM) and then perform the sort function on these values. I will try to go through the steps you need to take in the class.
1) Write at least 16 random values in RAM using "sw" command
2) Read the values from the RAM using "lw" command and store them in the registers
3) Compare the values and store the result
4) Follow your sorting algorithm
5) Store the sorted list in the RAM.. could be in different location than where you wrote the initial values.
Please try not to send me snippets of code to see if you are on the right track.