Reverse Trike CAD Design and engineering
- Status Closed
- Budget $250 - $750 USD
- Total Bids 28
I need some help firming up my plans for a reverse trike. I’ve got a decent start with some a few pieces of the model, but I need to take it a step further and refine the layout a bit for the chassis builder that I’m working with.
This project is for the following:
1. Take the existing body design (done in Maya) and recreate the body, and lights in SolidWorks as native SolidWorks files.
2. Position the engine and rear swing arm (in SolidWorks)
3. Install the driver and passenger (either as SolidWorks mannequins or as imported STEP files)
4. Install wheels as SW native or STEP file geometry from a CAD platform.
The problem I ran into is that with the original work being done in Maya…everything seems to be incompatible with CAD platforms were the engineering and layout work needs to be done. The Maya files are surfaces…and really don’t translate into the CAD world. Forgive me for not having the technical terms for this issue at hand.
There is room for some creativity if that is so desired. The concept design that I have is satisfactory…but I imagine a talented designer could take it a step further and really come up with something breathtaking. In the end…however…I need files that are native to SolidWorks (i.e. a CAD platform).
I will post some pictures here for reference… When the work begins…I’ll have to transfer the working files via an FTP site.
Please ask questions if you need clarification.
AndyGet free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online