Design Mobile Access for a Resort - repost
This project received 5 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $316 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Mobile Access for a large Holiday Resort Complex
You have been asked to prepare a feasibility study and an initial design to enable a large Holiday Resort Complex located on a small island in the Indian Ocean to utilise mobile technologies to improve the resort’s efficiency and provide electronic services for the guests.
The island and resort are exclusively owned by the shipping company - Island Cruise. Every Saturday the Island Cruise ship – Odysseus – calls at the island bringing guests to stay at the resort and weekly supplies from the mainland.
The complex consists of a storehouse to supply the complex and an administrative building – both of which are sited some distance from the main complex. The main complex consists of three bars, two restaurants, two swimming pools, a small gymnasium, a heath and beauty centre and a small shop catering for the guests. The guests are accommodated in three hundred and fifty detached chalets dispersed over the island.
The resort’s management have identified several key areas where they would like to see benefits from the proposed system.
• Baggage processing of guest’s luggage (ship/chalet - chalet/ship).
• Check in times (currently large numbers of guests disembark at the same time, causing long delays at check in to the resort).
• An automated tally system of guest’s consumables i.e. drinks, meals, snacks etc. (currently guests sign for their consumables using a paper chit system).
There are four categories of user: -
• Resort guests
• Resort managers – e.g. facilities, entrainment, staffing, resources etc.
• Resort staff – i.e. the staff required to cater for the guests needs such as bar staff, chefs, waiters, porters, chamber maids etc
• Administrative staff who look after accounts, stock, billing etc
All categories of user must be able to access email and Internet services.
Appropriate levels of security must be provided.
2. Coursework stages
Stage 1 Cost-Benefits Analysis
• Identify the various costs associated with the deployment, operation and maintenance of a mobile-access system.
• Identify the benefits to the various categories of user, arising from the addition of a mobile-access facility.
Stage 2 Technical Requirements
• Identify the technical requirements of the system. This should relate to the usage requirements of the various types of user, and the number of users in each category.
For example, what is the total bandwidth requirement? What level of security is required? How many concurrent users need to be expected? What proportion of the complex needs coverage? etc.
• Discuss any conflicts that arise between the various technical requirements.
Stage 3 Design
• Produce a cellular design map showing the geographical aspects of the cellular network, including cell size, cell overlap and coverage.
• Produce a topological design, showing how the wireless part of the network would be integrated into the wired backbone network.
For more information please download the attach file.
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online