A component/plugin solution for Joomla 1.6 that will allow us to integrate with Windows Active Directory.
A component/plugin solution for Joomla 1.6 that will allow us to integrate with
Windows Active Directory.
The solution should provide us with the following:
1. Daily scheduled multiple domain user synchronization based on LDAP group membership queries
2. User Disabling and deletion when found on scheduled LDAP synchronization
3. New user creation in Joomla 1.6 on scheduled LDAP synchronization and import of their user attributes which includes: email, office, telephone numbers, department and function
4. Active Directory group to Joomla 1.6 internal group linking on scheduled synchronization with multiple group support for users.
5. Joomla 1.6 user updates on scheduled LDAP synchronization (Group membership and or user attributes changes)
6. Active Directory SPNEGO Single Sign-On (SSO) (Kerberos-Based SSO with Apache)
7. A component which will allow administrators to edit/configure the LDAP queries, group linking and scheduling.
When the solution is in place and configured, domain users should be able to go to our Joomla 1.6 site and get logged in automatically, recognized as Joomla user and get access to different parts of the Joomla 1.6 website based on group membership.
**Current Environment of the Joomla 1.6 website:**
? Debian 5 x64_x86
? Apache 2.2 + mod\_auth\_kerb
? PHP 5.2.6
? MySQL 5
? Server registered into Active Directory and standard Kerberos-Based SSO with Apache working. (ie: <[url removed, login to view]>)
There are some components/plugins available for Joomla 1.5 to integrate with
Windows Active Directory. But they do not support Joomla 1.6.
The solution that comes close to our requirements can be found at:
<[url removed, login to view]>
[[url removed, login to view]\_Tools/Microsoft\_Active_Directory]