Uncle Sam – we want you! If, that is, you are a software engineer who knows the latest stuff, an experienced programmer, and a fast learner of new languages and scripting.
What we need done is technical project management, hands-on code fix and feature implementation, and software quality assurance.
Sign on for the duration, and you’ll get $30/hour ($750 fixed price payment for your trial work that leads to a successful hire). We work with you through one of several approved staffing and payment platforms which will charge a percentage fee on your gross earnings, but you understand how those are.
Also, because of W-2 processing, for US citizens and permanent residents the pay rate is $24/hour.
We need software engineers living in the United States who:
• Understand current software development practices and tools, including
1. Virtual environments
2. Source control
3. Remote development
4. Issue tracking
5. Build and test automation
6. Networking management
• Can do general coding and scripting – you need to be an experienced programmer in at least one of Java, C, and .Net
• Understand programming well enough to learn new languages or scripting quickly
• You also need these non-technical skills:
• Speak and write capably in English (meaning, what Americans speak; it doesn’t have to be British)
• Video Skype capability, webcam, and you know how to use them to talk with us and do daily work.
• 40 hours per week available for this job.
How to qualify
1. Show us who you are. We need verifiable identification, online skills tests, and a brief Skype video interview. Sorry, this part is not paid, but it won’t last more than a week, and if you’ve got the motivation, you’ll be done in a few hours.
2. Try out the job. During a one-week fixed-price trial assignment, prove to us that we should give you the full-time position of 40 hours/week at the job’s hourly rate. We’re looking for progress and dedication; if you show that, we may have other positions in for you even if you don’t get the assignment quite right.