Do some Excel Work -- 2
This project received 23 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $30 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$10 - $30 USD
The project goal is to consolidate different files of the same microsoft spreadsheet into a single consolidated spreadsheet.
The scenario will be two tools and two kind of target users:
- XLS Form to be filled by approx 100 users twice a year;
- Microsoft XLS with a macro that would fetch all the filled forms at a specific moment and consolidate data into a single new tab/spreadsheet; this xls will be used by no more than 4 users;
For mainteinability, the consolidation logic must be located at the spreadsheet and not a various XLS forms (spread for more than 100 people). It must comprises of:
1. Provide a button/trigger to start the consolidation;
2. when clicked, asked user to inform a directory to scan ms xls forms documents;
3. when submited, create a new work-sheet at the same spreadsheet having the current date (DDMMYYY_HHMM) into its name;
3. the algorithm must scan this directory and all subdirectories and, for each XLS found it must bring data to the target worksheet following certain rules:
a. data are those located in green or yellow cells; all of them must be consolidated at the target consolidation spreadsheet;
a. each form will fill in a new line at the worksheet;
b. each field (only form fields) will be a column at the spreadsheet;
c. column name must be consistent with form information.
d. form fields:
- text type: text must be filled at corresponding target worksheet cell;
- selection list: the corresponding value (not label) must be filled at corresponding target worksheet cell;
- selection list (Yes/No): 0 or 1 must be filled at the corresponding target worksheet cell;
- lock the forms cell that aren´t destinated for input (all, except yellow);
- lock the entire form spreadsheet and allow input only in yellow fields (no changes in layout as well);
- make the spreadsheet printable in A4 format (all content must be able to be read).
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online