We wish to automate our current MS Word Document Preparation Process.
Our current process is to
1. Enter data (e.g. name, address, assets, liabilities, income, expenses) into our purpose built MS Excel 2007 spreadsheets
2. Press a button in excel that opens a purpose built MS Word 2007 Template
3. The data entered into excel is automatically populated into the word template by us pressing Ctrl A then F9
4. Using Quickparts in MS Word where we have stored all our purpose built document insertions (e.g. contents, graphs, tables, etc) we add the required insertions throughout the Word document
5. We then manually edit the insertions until there are complete
We have designed the MS Word Template for a single person, and also another Template for a couple... All of the insertions have also been designed for either a single person or a couple
What we would like to do is automate the manual process of selecting the insertions and pasting them into the required sections throughout the MS Word template.
Our Thoughts on the Design... We were thinking that while in MS Excel (after data entry) we would select the required MS Word template to be used, and also select the required insertions (with the insertions being automatically inserted throughout the Word template in their required sections).
We would then press a button on MS Excel which would open MS Word with the template pre-populated with all the data and the selected insertions in the sections where they arte required.
We are open to how best to design this...
9 freelancers are bidding on average $1567 for this job
Hello! I've done a lot of excel automation in the past. This is not a very hard task but it does involve a lot of laborious coding. Please check your messages for further discussion. Best regards, M.