Excel Management System: Labor order, Quote, Delivery order and Invoice
We require a custom program to suit our needs as we cannot find one that does exactly what we require.
We wish to automate the creation of labor order, quote, delivery order and invoice from entering products in a labor order (LO).
We will now use the abbreviation LO for Labor Order.
The application must absolutely be built with Excel and VBA.
Activity of the company: a French company that sales and installs hygienic separation screens for hospitals.
Our wishes and constraints
This application is supposed to be used by sales people and commercial assistant.
The steps for creating various documents are:
- Build LO through Excel forms
- Convert the elements of the LO to the quote
- Complete the LO with necessary data when quote being accepted by the customer
- Generate the delivery order and the invoice from the LO.
The invoice is almost identical to the quote, some additional information is to be entered (Bank, ... ).
All documents are built from the LO.
I will describe in a little more detail the LO.
- There are 25 fields of general information on the entire LO.
- All products and specifications are added, modified or even deleted in the LO.
- A product consists of:
---> a screen
---> a rail (or not)
---> accessories (or not)
---> deliveries options (or not)
These elements determine the cost of the entire line of product.
- There are about 43 fields to include in the entry forms for entering a line of product.
This means that there are 43 columns in the LO sheet.
All columns are not necessarily fulfilled.
- The LO can contain multiple lines of products.
You’ll find more instructions in the attached documents.
Some other requirements:
- Prices need to be able to be changed on any quote and invoice without changing prices in the database.
- We need to be able to hit a save button to save as a pdf (for LO, quote, delivery order and invoice).
- The application must, of course, have a maintenance module for adding items in the various dropdowns and modify or add new products.
In the attached documents, you’ll find:
- All instructions needed.
- Screenshots of entry screens in which we must select products for the LO such as I imagined them.
- Different templates of documents (in French and some in English): LO, quote, delivery order and invoice.
- The rules to define the cost of each product line.
- The rules to edit the quote, delivery order and invoice exactly as we want.
- Examples to understand the functioning of construction cost.
- Any other support required for the good development.
I just indicate that there is no need to handle stock.
The final development must be user friendly and easy understanding.
I need that VBA code will be easily understandable (well commented) because I should keep it afterwards and I need to be able to add new information, without calling anyone to help me.
I would appreciate that the interface will be developed in French (because the final users are French people). You’ll have the screenshots of French interface (and some in English in order to understand what we are talking about, of course). However, the VBA code reviews can be in English, it’s not a problem for me.
If necessary, I will provide to the person who gets the project other documents translated in English like Quote, Delivery Order and Invoice (if necessary).
32 freelancers are bidding on average $503 for this job
H,I will be happy to help you with this project, but I will need to see the source data file and the screenshots that you referred to Please feel free to message me prior to accepting my bid
Hello, I can help you with your project. I had projects like yours, and I'm very good in VBA and Excel. Please check my reviews, profile and portfolio. Play on me, you will not fail. With regards, Tom