Update Custom VBA script to incorporate new CSV input format
This project was successfully completed by MDavidCrompton for $100 USD in 2 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
Completed In2 days
We have an existing VBA script for Microsoft Excel that processes a CSV input and produces an Excel file as output. However, the format of the CSV has changed, and we'd like the script to account for those changes. (The CSV file is produced by Squareup.com.)
* Many of the columns are shuffled around
* Some of the columns are re-titled
* Previously, a single column contained values for "Card - Swiped" and "Card - Keyed"; in the new scheme, there are two columns, "Card - Swiped" and "Card - Keyed", and the column contains the value of the transaction
* Previously a column titled "Payment Type" contained values for "card" and "cash" for method of payment; in the new scheme, there is a separate column for cash transactions, with the column containing (again) the value of that transaction
The BookSalesMaster (2) [url removed, login to view] is the current script. The [url removed, login to view] file represents the current CSV style, which is not compatible with the current VBA script. Finally, the [url removed, login to view] represents the ideal output of the VBA script.
Depending on the complexity/feasibility, there are several additional modifications we would like to pursue.
* Modify script to also work on other (older/more limited) versions of Excel, LibreOffice, etc.
* "Financials" tab of output file should have limited column width (e.g., ~8) and be formatted for wrap text
* "InputData" tab of output file, if possible, should exclude all columns except, Date, Time, Payment Type, Sales, Card Brand, Device Name, Description, and Card Number
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online