I need a program/spreadsheet that will take a variable number of teams and generate fixtures for a large mooting (debating) competition. I have looked at programmes that generate sporting (soccer) fixtures but the requirements are different.
The parameters are:
- the number of teams is variable, (usually between 6 and 50, may be odd or even number of teams) and each is assigned a team number (eg 1, 2, 3 etc)
- each team must be fixtured to argue against 4 different teams.('4 rounds')
- the organisers decide which teams are going to be either gold (experienced) or green (new) teams. they must meet 2 green teams and 2 gold teams. (this is so weak teams do not meet 4 strong teams, and strong teams do not meet 4 weak teams).
- the competition involves arguing for the claimant and the respondent. Each team must argue for the claimant twice and the respondent twice. they should argue twice for one side before swapping to argue twice for the other side. In other words in their 4 rounds they can argue CCRR or RRCC, less ideally CRRC or RCCR but not CRCR except as a last resort.
- there should be a manual override and if possible, automatic recalibration of the remaining fixtures. For example if one team is drawn to meet only teams from the same country, the program should allow refixturing for that team, and consequently refixture the others affected, so that a more satisfactory spread of opponents is achieved.(I dont know if this will be possible!)
- reusable each time the competition is run.
(A sheet showing the manual fixturing that has happened in the past can be made available to bidding freelancers. Reposted - previously awarded but freelancer did not complete).
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the time frame
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Bids on this Project
Hello, Warm Greetings! I'm a Software Engineer with excellent experience in Excel & Word Application Development using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA). Please invite me for any Excel & Word Application/Macro development using VBA. Please contact me for any sample works or references. I look forward to providing my professional services to you. Best Regards
Newbie on freelancer.com i am an expert Statistician, economist, and computer programmer.
I have 8+ years of experience in designing complex Excel modules. I have also worked on PHP and Android projects. I hold a Bachelors degree in Computer Science and I am well versed with Software and algorithms. Summary of my profile: 1) 240+ projects completed on time with 5 star rating. 2) Top excel developer on freelancer. 3) 18% repeat hire rate. 4) Completion rate of 85%. I truly believe in two things: 1) Work is worship. 2) Customer is King.