This project received 11 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $484 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
We are looking for a Facebook coach. This person will create a report recommending how to best transition to Facebook.
I am on the board of a not-for-profit running club. Our club hosts free trail running, mountain climbing and related events. Members of the club share stories, photos, sign-up for events, and other related activities at the "online clubhouse" (website). The site was created in Drupal 8 years ago. It is time to update to Drupal 7. The website has become cluttered and needs to be reorganized. It is also in need of a redesign. All of these updates are going to take a lot of time and cost a lot of money. Our club has neither. The "online clubhouse" has become too much work and is too expensive for a small team of volunteers to maintain. We would rather be running.
We think Facebook could be our new "online clubhouse. We understand that without the Drupal website, we won't likely be able to provide a lot of background on the club, take donations, sell t-shirts and things like that. We propose to develop a simple, static Wordpress site for that purpose.
Current website: [url removed, login to view]
Facebook page: [url removed, login to view]
Wordpress website: (in development)
We would like to have the transition complete by early December 2013.
- an analysis of the pros and cons of moving from Drupal to Facebook ( focus on the issues that will have most impact. Budget of time to implement for each recommendation. 4-6 pages)
- an analysis of the impact on SEO (2-3 pages)
- a report that recommends how to best migrate the club's online clubhouse to Facebook (what, when, how. 2-3 pages)
- recommendations on how to best manage the transition with members (what will they lose? What will they gain? Would be used as FAQ)
- recommendations on what content should go on Wordpress site (1-2 pages)
- recommendations on best practices moving forward on Facebook (1-2 pages)
Note: Number of pages are wild guesses.
- quality of the report and recommendations
- amount of time spent by running club board members during transition (less is better)
- amount of time spent by running club board members managing questions from members after transition (less is better. If there are no questions, your recommendations were outstanding)
- success of Facebook page as new "online clubhouse" (feedback from members in post transition survey, emails, informal feedback)
- a track record of managing and advising businesses on how to best use Facebook. (Must be able to provide at least 5 references of successful implementations)
- a track record of implementing business pages on Facebook
- excellent written and verbal skills in English
- creative (e.g. shows they understand the problem and offer recommendations that really make sense)
- available during PST (Pacific Standard Time)
- able to complete the project during October 2013
The following qualifications and experience would make your bid stand out:
- experience migrating from Drupal to Facebook
- some experience with promoting events on Facebook
- experience with documentation and report writing
- ability to implement some of the recommendations
- some experience with running races and running clubs
- a good understanding of SEO (search engine optimization)
Please ask questions. Out of fairness to all bidders, please ask your questions in the Freelancer forum.
By all means feel free to recommend success criteria I've not noted, as this will demonstrate to me that you really understand what we're looking to accomplish.
I will review each bid. If you go to the trouble of positioning yourself relative to the "Bidder Requirements", you appear to have the background to do a great job of this, and we can afford you, I'll contact you to discuss further.
Thank you for your time. I look forward to working with you!
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online