I have a file manipulation and data entry project that I would like to see if you are interested in. I have (442) files (each file has a folder) in (3) main folders (fb1,fb4,fb5) that will need to be modified as follows:
1. Each file name within each folder will need to be copied into an Excel worksheet.
2. Each file name will need to be modified to include a .txt at the end of it.
3. Each file will need to be opened in Notepad or similar program and the text within the file will need to be copied into an Excel worksheet.
4. I have formatted an Excel file to show an example of the first (3) files amongst the (3) main folders.
5. The purpose of the Excel file will be to allow someone to easily compare the content of the (3) files amongst the (3) folders. You will see that the base file names are the same across the (3) folders with the exception of a unique unit number (i.e. 11,12,13) at the beginning of the file name. The Excel file will also show where a file exists for one unit that may not exist for the other unit(s).
6. I am open to alternate formatting.
7. I have uploaded both the data folder (.tar can be opened with winzip) and the example Excel file.
8. I am looking to have this project completed by 7/12 and would like to get an estimate of the hours that you think will be spent on the project.
[url removed, login to view]@[url removed, login to view]