I am looking for someone with expert knowledge of the Firefox extensions API to write the code for an extension to Firefox. The extension is for improving session history navigation with the back and forward buttons to be branching and cross tab/window. The design for this is already done, I have a detailed document with full specifications and requirements, including acceptance tests. The project work required is to write the code for the extension to meet the requirements specified, and to deliver to me the source code once complete.
All copyrights to the source code and any binaries created from that source will belong to me, as the project owner, to publish and license as I choose. You will agree not to publish or otherwise distribute the extension or design document yourself.
The abilities required for this project are:
* Manipulate the session history of a tab
* Show a custom context menu for the Forwards button, separate to that shown for the Back button, including sub-menus (ideally dynamically generated)
* Store information in the per-session persisted data, restored through session-restore.
* Respond to the opening of a new tab or window in different ways depending on how that window was opened (i.e. by following a link, or from a bookmark, or a keyboard shortcut, command line, etc.)
* Identify when a tab is displaying a page corresponding to an entry in its session history
* Close the current tab and switch to a specific tab, in response to a user action
* Force the Forwards button to be shown/enabled under specific circumstances (when it would ordinarily be disabled/hidden)
* Show an internal html page on first run after installation
If you meet the above abilities, and agree not to publish or otherwise distribute the extension or design document yourself, then let me know and I will send you the design document for you to evaluate and make an informed bid on the work (or to request more information).