Produce animated buttons for an educational iPad application by using one of two models provided, altering only the text on each button, to create a series of PNG sprite sheets for each animated button and an XML schema for the animation, in accordance with the provided specs (examples provided of what final output would look like). There are a total of 110 animated buttons to create.
1. Experience creating and working with sprite sheets, either for web or native application development
2. Pixel-perfect Photoshop skills
3. Must be able to work in Adobe Flash CS6
1. Select the correct model FLA animation file: "choice" or "thought".
2. Change the text on the button (4 - 6 words) to the provided text and save as a new FLA.
3. Export an XML file for the completed animated button per the reference.
4. Export a PNG sprite sheet for the completed animated button.
5. Using Photoshop, cut up the sprite sheet into multiple, equal sized parts (to fit into the constrains of iPad sprite sheet limits) per the provided specs (basically, cut up the single PNG sprite sheet into 4 2x2 PNG sprite sheets).
6. Save the new PNG sprite sheets, following a provided naming convention (e.g., for the button "scene9_button_whats_happening_raced", there would be four files:
"[url removed, login to view]" + "[url removed, login to view]" + [url removed, login to view]" + [url removed, login to view]"
*Specifications for the Animated Buttons*:
700 x 700 pixels (per frame)
16 frames total
*Specifications for the Completed PNG Sprite Sheets*:
4 frames in a 2 column by 2 row layout (totaling 1400 x 1400 pixels)
4 total sprite sheets (16 frames with 4 frames per sprite sheet)
*Final Output for Each Animated Button*:
4 PNG sprite sheet files (following naming convention) and 1 XML file
*Provided Example Files*:
FLA and SWF of both types of animated buttons ("thought" and "choice")
all 4 PNG final sprite sheets of an example "choice" animated button
and all 4 PNG final sprite sheets of an example "thought" animated button