For a mobile application written in flash builder flex environment for mobile we need an expert to optimize the scrolling of a complex list with rich itemrenderers, that is currently built from many spark components.
The list is built from costume itemrenderers, each includes:
1. A horizontal spark list of bitmaps (about half iphone4 screen size so that 2 can be seen) with labels below .
2. A facebook like icon of a user with name label and date label
3. A text labels
3. A series of buttons or clickable labels below (3-5)
All bitmaps are cached.
The list is too heavy to be implemented with none-virtual layout - scrolls pretty smooth but takes too much time to load (and application is stuck while loading) and makes the view too heavy to leave and comeback to.
Known optimization techniques and tweeks do not seem to improve by much, even writing pure as3 items.
A true expert in this environment is needed - please do not bid if you have not experienced with spark list optimization for mobile.
The following non conventional methods are expected to be tried to achieve smooth scrolling:
1. Limit the scrolling speed from a finger sweep - the speed seems to be too high causing rapid rendering which makes jitter.
2. Increase virtual layout size so that more items are rendered in the virtual layout and when the user scrolls they are ready to slide into visible screen
3. Use a non-virtual layout with limited amount of elements, with an update/loading icon when reaching the end of the list.
4. Use two non-virtual layout lists, one updates on the background while the other is showing items.
If you do not know how to do those things do not waste time, payment will only be made for actually achieving smooth scrolling without the heaviness of a non-virtual layout with 20 items.
Code changes and new components need to be open sourced, easily readable and with rich and meaningful comments.
The exposure to the application code is conditioned to the signing of a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA).
Good performance in this project, may very well plow the road for more.
Awaiting your bids,