I'd like to create an Adobe Air program that helps organize and find downloaded files.
Here are the specs:
User downloads files to individual folders on their computer (outside of the software). So if they download files about 'marketing on facebook' the folder might be called "Facebook Marketing".
After that, user goes into the software program and:
1. adds a folder location by navigating to the folder and clicking "set location" (for example, that Facebook Marketing folder) both for Mac and PC computers - user can then click on a button in the software next to the entry to open that folder to view files - can open Explorer on PC and Finder in Mac.
2. adds categories and subcategories for folder (can select existing categories/subcategories and/or can create new ones)
3. user can add a description to remind user what the files are about and help with search results
4. user can add keywords to help when searching for files
5. should be able to search for files (by selecting categories and/or typing keywords that are pulled from keyword and description fields) and have results show up in rows with description below each entry and button to open file location.
6. I would like there to be 2-3 advertisement areas within the software (468x60, 728x90, etc.) that I can update via a control panel so that new ads show up on distributed software as I update them.
7. I would like a licensing program to be incorporated into the software to avoid piracy. I will pay all licensing program fees as needed. You may either recommend a product for licensing that you have used before or I can recommend one for you to incorporate.
Software should work with recent and current versions of Windows and OSX.
We can add new features to this down the road but I believe this is all I would need for the initial build.