I am looking for companies with expertise in developing a Flash/Flex based game involving action script and integrate it into a new website.
This requires extensive experience in (1) Graphic design; (2) Expertise in Flash and Flex with ActionScript; and (3) Integrate the project into a website.
Mere experience in developing websites is not enough. Mere experience in developing websites with Flash-based banners is not enough. Your experience should testify two things: (1) creativity in developing a simple but appealing graphics; (2) thoughtful design and software architecture experience with ActionScript that will enable the simple game to scale; (3) clear and crisp communication ability in English.
The game is played for 10 minutes so a timer is important.
Broadly speaking the game involves five panels where activity occurs (See attached JPG file for details on the positioning of each panel and the timer). Four panels (called "Gaming Panel") are placed side-by-side. The fifth panel ("News Panel") is a separate one, simply showing dynamically changing text. Another panel ("Player Panel") has stuff from which the player can drag-and-drop into any one of the "Gaming Panel".
Data exchange and programming:
Data exchange is from two primary avenues: (1) Sending data from a single configuration file to the "News Panel", which in-turn will influence any one of the four "Gaming Panels"; and (2) player interacts with any of the four panels through drag-and-drop.
Depending on what information comes from the configuration file and from the player interaction, the numbers and figures in the four panels will change.
I will break-down the work into following activity:
(1) Designing the panels with drag-and-drop capability
(2) Initialization by reading from a configuration file
(3) Ongoing interaction by reading from a different configuration file and changing the information in the five panels
(4) Adjusting the information in the four Gaming Panel based on (1) data from configuration panel; (2) player drag-and-drop.
1. Clear and concise communication in English
2. If you understood what I have written above and ask intelligent questions on how you would think about the game
3. Your ability to amaze me with 2-D graphics design
4. Your ability to give me a sense of your design architecture skills and how you think your architecture can scale
5. Prior expertise in similar application design, versatility with Flash, Flex and HTML
6. Clear project management time lines and hours required for each activity that I have written above
Cost will not be a major factor in my evaluation if you are good in the six points above.
I want you to be honest in what you can and you cannot do. If this minor activity goes well there is another, similar, much bigger project. Your performance in this project will influence how I think about allocating the bigger project.
Good luck and let me know. Let us both keep it honest and frank in our communications.
12 freelancers are bidding on average $3350 for this job
I represent an independent development team from Greece. We can deliver anything that has to do with Flash and all the serverside stuff in PHP, MySQL. Your projects seems interesting but also mysterious :) Check PM.