Flash chat application
This project received 7 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $659 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
We have a instant messaging chat application that was written in Flash. It is 90% done but not completed. We have the source code, but I need some items corrected as well as some new features added. I posted a little video on youtube showing how it currently works ([url removed, login to view]). The video quality is poor, but you should at least realize from it whether you are qualified. Besides text chatting, it has audio/video (not yet completed)
I need someone that is responsible and qualified to get the job done in a timely manner. Also, someone that will be around in the future to make potential changes.
This application works within our [url removed, login to view] project. My asp net programmer (not the one that did the Flash) wrote this about the current project:
We have 4 flash applications covering Chat functionality now:
1. Chat application (1-on-1 text chat)
2. Group Chat application
3. Video Chat application
4. Chat Commands Controller ( InvSharedObj ) application
InvSharedObj is stored as a invisible object at any page where chat is used and it listens to any of chat commands (sending a message, starting video chat, invitation to group chat, etc)
What's missing now:
1. Right now video chat can be only opened if U1 and U2 are both in 1-on-1 chat. In the situation when U1 opens 1-on-1 chat with U2 (U2 doesn't have this chat opened), doesn't write any text to him, but just sends him video chat request, there is no way U2 can respond to it.
In this case I can open HTML popup asking U2 to accept/reject video chat request, but I have no flash function of InvSharedObj which would let U1's VideoChat plugin know about U2 video chat response.
Flash function videoChatResponse has to be implemented for InvSharedObj. I think I need to send userID and command ('accept'/'reject') via this function.
2. Chat messages history is stored in session of Red5 server. This history is loaded for 1-on-1 chat, but not for GroupChat. We need to load full message history for GroupChat too.
We can discuss the finer details once you have decided you are qualified and will to complete this in a timely manner.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online