Artificial Intelligence-Creating A World Class Game Playing Agent Using Game Theoretic Techniques
This project received 26 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $12288 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budgetmin $5000 USD
The intended project is creation of a world class poker-playing agent using the Counterfactual Regret Minimization (CFRM) algorithm pioneered by the University Of Alberta's Computer Poker Research Group. The poker variation is "One-on-one No Limit Texas Hold'em".
The project will be based primarily on the following papers:
1. "Robust Strategies and Counter-Strategies: Building a Champion Level Computer Poker Player"- Michael Bradley Johanson, 2007
2. "Regret Minimization in Games with Incomplete Information"
These papers will be used as a blueprint for implementation of the CFRM to the game of No Limit Texas Hold'em. The winning bidder will read and familiarize themselves with these papers, as well as other hand picked important academic work, and then implement the process described in these publications.
Desired features for the agent include :
• Ability to display statistics (for example, its own probability distribution over
actions for a specific information set)
• Ability to determine its exploitability in its own abstraction
• Ability to work with different bucketing techniques
• Ability to work with various abstractions
• Distributed implementation
• Academic background
• Experience in Game Theory
• Strong mathematical and analytical skills
• Fluency in Probabilities Theory is a big plus
• Knowledge or experience with poker is a plus
The information in the provided papers includes:
• Detailed description of the CFRM technique
• General description of the data representation for the poker game
• General description of the abstractions used for poker agents
• General description of bucketing techniques
• Sample pseudocode for tree traversal for the algorithmic implementation of
the CFRM technique (calculation of utilities)
Information required but not provided in the papers
The papers do not include the following required information :
• Precise “One-on-one No Limit Texas Hold’em” rules
• Algorithm for the calculation of hands’ winning probabilities (this includes
preflop 2-card hands up to 7-card hands after the river)
• Hand strength chart
The missing information can be obtained without difficulty. An extensive amount of information has been published on using the CFRM in Texas Hold'em games and I can provide direction in finding necessary missing pieces. Although the exact algorithm is not provided, it can be replicated by following the description in the papers.
I have included the the two initially mentioned papers for reference and have other recommended resources if necessary. If there are any questions remaining regarding the scope of the project or my goals please do not hesitate to ask and I will provide more clarity.
IMPORTANT: To prove you have read this assignment, please write I READ YOUR REQUIREMENTS in the first line of your bid. I will eliminate all bids that do not start with this phrase since many people do not read requirements.
Thank you for your consideration.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online