I'm looking to start building a small virtual world over the next few years but I'm having trouble just starting the project. So in order to kick start the project of mine I'm looking for someone else to take that first step for me by setting up and creating the start of the world. Key consideration should be taken to make sure that it is easy to extend and add more components and features too. I am a full time programmer so it does not need to be extendible in a "drag and drop" kind of way.
I would like the game to be designed using c# in unity but I am open to other languages and platforms.
Here's the main features of what I'm looking for:
* 3d / 3d isometric / 2d isometric / 2d world. To be honest this is one of the design issues I'm stuck on and I would appreciate your input into the issue.
* Grid based world. To simplify movement, building placement, land purchase and map building the world should be made up of a grid.
* Easy to edit map. Using existing software or custom.
* Land purchase / Property management.
* Character system. Allow players to create their character and show in world.
* Movement. Mouse based or Keyboard, still undecided on that as well.
* Building placement. Implement a system for placing and persisting buildings and other objects from within game. Just the code to do so, no need for it to be in game. This is mainly to demonstrate the modularity of the system.
* Management system. A system or just hooks to allow management of the world as well as viewing stats about the world.
Obviously I'll need the frontend and backend. The backend can be in whatever language you think is appropriate.
A simple login can be used to determine the which character.
No need for fancy graphics!!
In your bid please let me know the following or it will be disregarded:
Price per component, I may ask for less components if it doesn't fit my budget.
What languages will you be using for the front and backends?
Will you go with 3d / 3d isometric / 2d isometric / 2d? And why?