Adventure Game for tablets (iPad 2/3)
This project received 18 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $ USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
Talented game developer needed!
We are looking for talented game developer, who could take our concept and idea of the adventure game and turn it to a real, playable game for tablets. We are interested at this stage only iPad game, so iPhone, Android, WindowsPhones etc. are not in our priority. So, we only concentrate on iPad, iPad2, iPad3 and iPad mini versions.
The game is not really a 3D game (I know that some skills defined was Unity 3D), but the game is actually quite simple game where the hero character is waking and doing things in the maze (labyrinth). There are different kind of game elements and different kind of actions what the player can do. here are few options what you was potential developer should be considering:
Platform: Apple iPads in the horizontal mode
Game type: Single player game, which doesn't need Internet connection (at the first version)
Level design: Game application reads TXT-file which has each of the blocks and game elements in the right place. So, in that sense game board is a grid (equal pixels x equal pixels) and game character is walking in the labyrinth collecting items and doing other tasks. Level is created based on the TXT-file and character and static game elements are placed based on that TXT-file (Map editor file).
* User is leading the game character (hero). Hero can do different kind of actions, like walk to up, down, left and right. Hero can push items, collect items and do some other tasks. The movement is created by 3 sprites (transparent PNG images), which you are a programmer needs to animate.
* Labyrinth has opponents (a.k.a "bad guys). Collision causes some actions. This is not fighting game, so no need to make any big battle scenes. Collision is identified as well. Labyrinth has some wall elements and user cannot walk through them. User is collecting items from the game field and time is counted how quickly he/she can do that.
* Opponents are always acting in the same way, so those are rotating (walking) the available game area either clock wise or counter-clock wise. So, the A.I. is not in the scope of the game.
* Character guiding is made by so, that in the left hand player has dynamically changeable action buttons and otherwise user is drawing the walking routes to the tablet surface and those are turned into an action.
More information will be provided for most valuable bidders. If you have some games you have done already, I would be more than happy to see those. If you have not done games earlier, then I honestly don't think this is your project.
A bit similar game idea can be found from year 1985, when the Gauntlet video game was released:
[url removed, login to view](1985_video_game)
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online