Gamepad Design (outside surface only!) - no mechanical engineering needed
This project was successfully completed by antoniomeze for $1500 USD in 12 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$500 - $3000 USD
Completed In12 days
Our startup based in Hong Kong is in need of a talented product designer, who can help us to finalize the product design of a gamepad we have been working. In a nutshell this is the chance for you to leave your own foot print in the world of the retail consumer electronics business!
*What we do:*
Our company is specialising in game accessories for smartphone and tablet users. Our target customers are mainly male, aged between 21-35. And our brand itself is a very young and cool brand that strives to make gaming on smartphones better.
The product design is nearly finished, all that is needed is a creative product designer who can give the product's outside surface the last finishing touches. In general, most changes committed should only be applied in paint (print), although minor changes can also be applied in 3D/CAD (for instance engraving of print letters or symbols). Also in terms of color scheme, you should mostly only use a maximum of five different colors. As the design is currently planned we want to use acrylic black colour for the gamepad's general colour.
(1) Add rubber paint to sides and back of gamepad (as illustrated in our attached graphics). On top of that the rubber paint should spot a pattern that would be beneficial for additional grip and for finger print prevention (as much as possible).
(2) Finish button designs. Our idea is to have the buttons as well as the d-pad painted (and/or engraved) with simple characters. We aren’t sure yet, what characters there should be on the buttons, but obviously we don’t want the PlayStation ones (triangle, square, circle and cross). For Start and Select (The Select button will be BACK) buttons we want to use similar signs and font as the Xbox controller (picture attached). We think it's best to leave this task to you. What is important is that it's easy for users to describe the buttons in writing of course (e.g. when making support requests). This should definitely be something original and fresh looking as our main target customers demographics are young adult males between 21-35.
(3) Logo design and space. Our current idea is to have a logo in the middle of the gamepad. There is flat space in the middle, for instance we could place our company's monkey's head in the middle which would then be cut in half when the slider opens the gamepad. However, we'd also appreciate it if you have ideas ourselves of how to incorporate a logo or our monkey (I have attached some vector graphics). It is also possible for us to make a new logo design for the gamepad as per your instructions, which might be the best solution. Of course you can also design your logo if you can demonstrate reasonable talent in this field.
*What we expect from you...*
* Demonstrable experience in the field of product design, especially in consumer electronics.
* Desired: educational qualifications in the field of product design
* Timely responses to our questions and a swift execution of the project
In general we do not want the budget to be the limiting factor of this project. However, you need to be able to demonstrate and therefore advise how much time you will need for which task. Also if your rate is reasonably higher than those of others we want to see a reasonable explanation for such (e.g. experience, notable past clients and projects, education, etc).
* Please note an NDA will need to be signed prior to commencement of the work.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online