We are a new website business. We will be producing many research reports and marketing documents. Presentation is very important to our daily execution. What we need is a very professional template for our report generation using OpenOffice. OpenOffice may not be as popular as word or have as many bells and whistles but is what we use. So we're hoping you really know how to create the best documents in OpenOffice.
The template must be set up as follows:
- Single-sided A4 portrait
- include coverpage, document version control page, summary page, ability for table of contents page, many chapters, ability for appendix and attachments, backpage. May not use them all in any created document but want option
- tables with automatic numbering
- figures with automatic numbering
- automatic section heading on each 'opening'; odd and even page numbers different, first page of each section different
- styles for automatic numbering
- a normal body text style, correctly aligned but un-numbered
- footnotes style
- styles need to be easily selected and applied by the user
- very light company name watermark across all pages
- very "noticeable" Disclaimer section (and be able to edit it if necessary) on last page
- the ability to place charts anywhere on a page and for text to work around it. For example, it would be nice to have options to place a chart in the center with text all around as well as in the standard 1 of the 4 quadrant locations (upper left, upper right, lower left, lower right).
- the ability to add a boxed-in disclaimer section on any particular page
ADDITIONAL CREATIVE DESIGN IDEAS WOULD BE MOST WELCOMED We would use this document to generate our reports or marketing materials. The majority of the text in the document will be job specific so some degree of flexibility in the OpenOffice document will be necessary.
I will provide upon request:
- disclaimer language
- Excellent knowledge of OpenOffice (Expert Level User)
- Possible developer skills for any macro or ‘add in’ that may be necessary (produce use instructions in product deliverables)
- Graphic skills (location, color, fonts, borders, etc)
- Experience in moderately complex document design and creation (please provide examples in OpenOffice)
You must be able to communicate competently in English.