The objective of the game is to teach children handwriting through a fun game. The game is a journey between “home letters” the player rides a horse in a running game within the running game she/he can collect “twinklers” after a certain time she/he reaches a house/rock/tree. To open the door she/he needs to draw the letter win some rewards/compensation(*) and continue the journey to the next letter.
This project will include only the running game part w/o the letter drawing part.
If the project is successful the designer will also be given the second part of the game.
The Running part of the game
The journey is a running game with a horse and a girl rider the horse rides in a straight trail (the trail will not turn left/right) in the far background the sun and snowy mountains in the near background trees, bushes, rocks, animals, water streams passing by as she rides. The game has similar road angle to “Monsters U” game (see attached screen shot) but without left/right turns OR obstacles – the road is always straight. The road is outdoor brown/rocky road and naturally changes as the horse rides to create the illusion of movement. By swiping left/right the horse moves accordingly. By swiping up the horse jumps ALL of the horses moves are meant to catch twinklers which are the rewards. Each twinkler should be designed having in mind a LETTER that will be in its center (the letter will change in be a part of what the app embeds in a twinkler).
The rider catches twinklers (*) once a twinkler is caught the horse and rider become illuminated and the twinkler is added to the row above. The twinkler after being caught “flies” to the upper left corner of the screen and the number is +1. The twinkler will always have the next letter embedded in it. The twinkler can be to the right, left or up. When it’s up it should have a shadowy indication it’s up.
What does it take to win the project ?
A Sketch of the running scene as described in paragraph A. The sketch should include the horse and the girl, the twinklers.. The sketch will be given for $5 and will be used (in addition to the protfolio) as an assessment for the designer.
The required contents of the project are to be delivered in PNG files and should include:
1) Running game background scene. The basic background that will not change when the horse is riding.
2) Animated horse + rider running (remember the required angle).
3) Twinkler left, right and up (remember there should be a shadowy indication the Twinkler is up. The twinkler may include animation (rotating ?). Put in mind when designing the twinkler to leave room in the middle for a letter. (as described in the paragraph above)
4) 20 Objects such as trees, rocks, bushes streams , animals that will be on the side of the road where the horses ride – these objects will not be set permanently on the screen but rather move and create the illusion of the horse riding.
5) 4-5 objects which are basically tiles of the road for giving the illusion of running (the road changing beneath the horse’s feet…).