A few years ago I wrote a children's book for my niece and drew some basic pencil illustrations (line drawings), planning to finish them with watercolors or oil pastels. I need someone to complete the images, and perhaps add the text (already written) to prepare it for printing.
I do not like images that immediately look like they were produced by computers, and prefer a classic look like Corduroy the Bear, Stellaluna, and The Tale of Peter Rabbit, but if you can produce nice images electronically I am fine with that as well.
The basic outlines of the project are pretty well defined, so little creative work will need to be done beyond style and color selection (though I am open to input and constructive feedback).
About the project:
• Produce 6-8 images, (I need to verify this number) which includes a front cover, based on drawings that I will provide
• You will be paid on a page-by-page basis so that I can review and decide whether to continue as the project progresses, so please structure your proposal accordingly
• Quality is desired over speed, but please include a timetable in your proposal
• Optionally, also bid to format the text (that I will provide) on each page - usually only a couple of lines per page
• You will be acknowledged in the book if you wish, but must agree to give up all rights to the work you produce, so that I can use it and distribute it at my discretion
• Candidates must have art samples available in order to be considered for this job
• Experience illustrating and formatting children's books would be helpful, but not necessary
Please let me know if you need further details. Thanks!
Super Arts Cartooning can deliver just what you need! We are currently providing the illustrations for a local author's children's book. Please check out our portfolio. We are fluent in English and based in the US.
38 freelancers are bidding on average $145 for this job
Greeting from Keyline IT Solutions !!! We will provide you quality work with your 100% satisfaction.Please take a look to our proposal in your PMB. Regards, Keyline
Hello, I read the description and I can create a children's book. I've sent my portfolio to your PMB. I'm good at creating digital art that looks traditionally painted. Regards