iQueue Web App
This project received 21 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $793 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
iQueue Web App Project
The goal of this document is to simply outline the specifications I need for the first version of the iQueue Web App. To start off with, I need 2 pages built. A home page and a results page.
As a note, there are some specific details I didn’t cover in this document. As we talk further about building the app, we can get into the exact specifics of everything. Regarding which CMS to use, I think Wordpress should work just fine for now.
The home page is pretty basic. It has a search bar with three types of content to select: Articles, Videos and Podcasts. I’m interested to see what users feedback will be when we change the wording of the category. I mock-uped 2 versions with different wording and organization.
Once a user completes a search, iQueue will bring them to a results page like this.
In order to create mock-up search results, I need to be able to attach these 9 pieces of metadata to each content record.
3. Content Type: Article, Video or Podcast (or Audio Video Text)
4. Content Url: Url where the content is hosted.
5. Content Length(00m 00s): This will only be relevant for video and podcast content.
6. Published Date: This just needs to be a simple date selector.
7. Content Provider: This is the company or organization that is responsible for producing the content. Press Club, Space X, BBC, etc. Ideally this will be pulling from a ‘Content Provider’ table in the database.
8. Image: This is the displayed thumbnail. Ideally for video content it would be pulled automatically.
Once a user is on a results page, a filter/navigation icon [url removed, login to view] this is clicked, it opens a side menu like this. This menu will let users refresh their search by content type and by date published.
These features and layouts aren’t mandatory for this version of the web app however they are things we might want to test as the project progress.
Result Pages with related tags
The hope is that by having these clickable ‘related tags’, that it will improve the browsing experience.
Trending/ Most popular results
This idea has came out of users saying “I want to see the most popular results right away.” As a potential solution to this, there could be a link on the homepage that says ‘Trending Content’. We’d eventually need to come up with a solution for how content is ranked but we could fake it just for testing purposes. The Feedback link would take the user to a simple contact form, letting them give feedback for the overall web app.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online