Employee Scheduling Web Application Features
• Create New Business Schedule
o Name of business
o Store #
o # of weeks to schedule at a time
o Hours/days of operation
o # of employees
o # of swap initiations allowed
o Allow/deny valid swaps to bypass manager approval
o Holiday protocol
• Update Employee Information
o View employee list (default view)
o Add new employee
? Days/times available
? First name
? Last name
? Birth date
? Max # of hours each week
? Generate employee logins
o Delete employee
o Change employee information
• Pending swap requests
o View requests
? Approve request
? Deny request
• View schedule (sort by Store #, Location, Business)
o View current week/month (default view)
o Choose date range to view
o Lock schedule (no swap requests can be generated)
o Approve schedule (notification sent to employees that schedule is available for viewing)
o Make manual changes • View schedule (default view: current week or next work day?)
o Select dates to view past/upcoming schedule
o Initiate schedule swap (sends notification to relevant party)
o Accept pending schedule swap
o View projected monthly pay
o Request vacation (Requires manager approval)
1. Can the employee view everyone’s or only their own schedules?
2. Do we want to have employees enter either their phone number or email address in order to have notifications sent to these?
3. Will the schedule include managers scheduled or only regular employees?
4. Will we benefit from using something like a calendar plug-in kind of thing or should we create our own from scratch? 1. Employee logins will be automatically generated using name and random numbers. Default password can be birthday.
2. Schedule swaps will be initiated by one employee with the intent to swap with a specific person or just whoever is available for that time period. If the swapee is known, a notification message is generated and sent to that party asking them to accept the request. If the swapee is not known, a message is sent to all available workers and is awarded to the one who accepts the request first. A record of swaps/requests may be kept in the database. Swaps may be sent to the manager for approval depending upon administrator settings.
3. A holiday class will take care of the times/days/holidays that have different hours of operation and different numbers of employees.