Web Specialist/Jr IT Professional
This project received 10 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $19 USD / hour.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$15 - $25 USD / hour
Manhattan Strategy Group (MSG), a management consulting firm based in Bethesda, MD, is seeking a Web Specialist to join its federal consulting practice. The ideal candidate has 1-4 years of experience with web development, web design, relational databases, and new and innovative social technologies. This position is ideal for those recent college graduates or Jr. IT professionals who are eager to further their career in the IT field.
The position requires a candidate who is results-driven, someone who is proud of their work, and also an ability and willingness to learn new technologies and processes to support new and upcoming projects. The candidate will support the IT Manager across multiple projects with a variety of tasks and responsibilities.
• Web Design & Development
o Develop new and fix existing web applications.
o Using Adobe Photoshop and Fireworks, assist in designing pages for rapid prototyping and slicing them for development.
o Ensuring web code and content meet Federal standards, i.e. Section 508 Accessibility Standards, W3C validation, etc.
o Troubleshoot and support a suite of [url removed, login to view] ([url removed, login to view]) applications as needed.
• Database Development
o Develop new and maintain existing SQL server databases used by a suite of web applications.
o Implement scheduled off-site backups of existing databases.
o Document existing databases.
o Research and evaluation of new tools and services.
o Stay up to speed on the latest technologies and advise the IT manager.
o Develop a variety of test plans for web applications.
o Implement test plans as needed throughout a projects lifecycle.
• Training & Assistance
o Develop training materials and guides as needed across multiple projects.
o Train in-house staff on technologies such as GoToWebinar, Email, Egnyte, etc.
o Assist in-house staff with all IT issues via Zendesk.
• Bachelors degree (minimum)
• Experience in Web Development [url removed, login to view] technologies – Able to develop new, and understand and document existing.
• Experience in SQL server or relational databases – Able to understand syntax and develop new functions, procedures and tables.
• Basic graphic design, and multimedia skills
• Strong entrepreneurial drive –we are looking for a self-motivated multi-tasker who enjoys new challenges and is confident in presenting ideas, taking action, and producing results
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
• Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop and/or Fireworks.
• Familiarity with managed and cloud web hosting, i.e., GoDaddy, Amazon.
• Experience with general IT systems, Printers, Email, Webinars, Computer setup.
• Available to work Full-time in our Bethesda, MD office.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online