Social Media App for iPhone
This project received 28 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $4474 AUD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$3000 - $5000 AUD
The project is to create an iPhone app that allows users to send and receive one or more Objects Of Interest (OOI). The application will require a database to store data about OOI’s sent and received. The OOI’s will also need to be able to be mapped against Google maps.
The project will be developed in two (2) stages. Stage One involves building the application foundation & core components of the functionality. Stage Two will build on this foundation and develop additional functionality and enhancements.
This project seeks bids on Stage One only. Stage Two functionality and enhancements are identified below only to provide an indication of what will be needed in the future.
The App will have a certain degree of complexity as a database is required.
The successful candidate will:
- Be willing to sign an NDA
- Develop, test and finalise code that will pass technical review by the Apple Store.
- Have knowledge of database driven Apps
- Have some graphic design skills or a working relationship with a professional graphic designer for outsourcing
- explain the suitability of iAD feature in the Stage One (free) version
- regarding architecture, we would like the selected team to be able to advise and offer suggestions in this area.
- Architecture must be scalable, to eventually allow thousands of concurrent users of the application.
- Data will be hosted in the cloud – prefer Amazon or Azure cloud (developers to decide)
- flexible with database architecture but would prefer mysql or cloud provider source
Stage One Functionality
1) User Account/Login
- Stage One should allow:
o normal login and password
o Login from Facebook and Twitter, OAuth
- A User Account will not be required to receive an OOI
- A User account will, however, be required to view an OOI received, or send an OOI
- Password reset and locking for incorrect passwords should be available.
2) ’OOI’ creation & maintenance
- Ability to create and send an OOI and receive/ view an OOI required
- more info about the OOI when project is awarded.
- User able to decide whether to keep the sent OOI private or make it public.
3) Google Maps functionality
- Must be able to integrate with Google maps to identify an address & map view.
- Must be able to take GeoLoc information from the user and receiver, break it into components of an address for database storage & store the OOI (both sent and received) against a Google world map.
4) ’OOI’ list
- Ability for a user to add and view multiple sent “OOIs” to a list of ‘OOIs’ sent
- Ability for a user to receive and view multiple “OOIs” on a list of ‘OOIs’ received
- OOIs on the list to be viewed on a flick screen with limited detail. Once selected, greater detail on the OOI to be displayed.
Stage Two future functionalities
- Items of Interest Repository (IIR) allow users to add a limited number of items of interest to the OOI (e.g. word or mac docs, photos, scanned items)
- iPad version – to be developed
- Paid version - User taps the link of paid version or in-app purchase (pros & cons)
For this project, the following is required
- a team of people (rather than a single individual) to build the application. Teams should be minimum of 2 people.
- team MUST be fluent in English (non-negotiable). I would prefer to be able to speak to you (ie. not just email conversations – Skype OK).
- Delivery of items that are not marked as Stage Two. However, please ensure suggested architecture could cope with items marked as Stage Two.
- submit the app to Apple Store for approval
- support after App after the project goes live (please specify)
Please send details of your team, relevant skills and experience, example deliverables & social media websites you have created. The above is a summary of deliverables, to help you quote accurately.
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online