iOS code for small "sparkling, glowing circle" class using Core Animation
This project was awarded to ryandavies for $100 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $100 USD
I need a cocoa touch / Objective-C CALayer subclass for iOS 6.0+ (using ARC) that provides a customizable, well performing tiny but beautiful animation of a circle to be used e.g. to mark a position on a map. It should be a circle which appears, glows and smoothly grows in radius, and after a few seconds fades out again. In addition to that, I’d like the circle to slightly “glow” (quick increase and slow decrease of luminosity) and emit a few sparkling, magic stardust particles when it comes on screen.
The class should have nice looking default values but also a public API that includes customizable properties for:
- circleStartRadius (in points)
And the public API should include some creation class methods like:
+ circleAt:(CGPoint)position withStartRadius:(CGFloat)startRadius endRadius:(CGFloat)endRadius;
- the particles should give the circle some magic, but should not disturb the clarity of the content within the circle. So they should mainly be on the outside of the circle and either move further to the outside while the circle grows, or fade away fast enough so that the inside of the circle stays clear enough.
- the animation should be centered at the layers anchor point
- the class should be called “GSEffectCircleLayer”
- the class should make it easy to make subclasses like : “BlueSmallFastDustCircle” or “BigSlowGreenToRedFireCircle”
- the usage should be so that if I have a transparent superview (on top of some other view) , then I can add one or more glowing default circles like this:
[[url removed, login to view] addSublayer:[GSEffectCircleLayer circleAt:CGPointMake(35,120)]];
- the code must not depend on 3rd party code (except for Apple's frameworks), so that I can use it in my app as if I had written it all by myself.
- I am no Core Animation expert. So if you think, some of my API suggestions etc. might not be very useful, please let me know.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online